Thursday, February 23, 2017

28 Day Friends Challenge, Day 13: Favorite Season Four Episode

I am a naturally competitive person. Today, actually, I got into a kind-of argument with The Boy about whether or not corn was really considered a vegetable, and while he couldn't care less if he was right, I was very passionate about my correctness*. It's a curse in more ways than one, but it keeps my life interesting.

Now, Monica has me out-competitived in spades, and even I find her gambling streak a bit much**. Still, I find it endearing in a "it won't have consequences because it's Friends" way, except when it comes to my favorite Season Four episode, "The One with the Embryos."
Via TBS***
This is probably one of the most perfect episodes because the characters' personalities really shine (I know, I know, I said Rachel didn't really have one, but whatever), and it's those personalities that really drive the two separate plots. I also love how little idiosyncrasies (in particular, Rachel is not a morning person) come out during the Jeopardy-like game five of them play, and we learn so much about the characters (My favorite tidbit is how many categories of towels Monica has.), even if they don't really have much to do with the rest of the show. Well, except Chandler's dad headlining Viva Las Gaygas.

Now, I adored Phoebe from the beginning, but her willingness to be Frank and Alice's surrogate really cemented that for me. As someone who recently went through a miscarriage, I really feel for Frank and Alice, and knowing that they're going to get exactly what they want (well, they get three babies as opposed to the one, but that's just nitpicking, really) just makes me smile. Three and I struggled to get pregnant during our six-year marriage, and while I don't think we would have gone with a surrogate (that is stupid expensive), I'd like to think that someone close to me might have been willing to do that for me if it was an option. Plus, later on in the season, we get to see Phoebe's awesome maternity wardrobe, and that in and of itself is a damn treat.

And see, now I wanna go watch it. Dammit. It's 1:30 in the morning. Oh, well.

* We were technically both correct, as corn is considered a grain, a vegetable, and a fruit, which threw me for a loop, but at least I wasn't wrong.
** I don't allow myself to gamble. I haven't even bought a lottery ticket because I know that once I started, I would not be able to stop myself. I would be living in a box. The kittens would not like that.
*** This is probably one of my favorite moments ever in the whole series. Jennifer's expression here is priceless.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...